Curious about employment but unsure if it’s right for you? Join Ready, Willing and Able on October 24th, 2023, 12pm EDT for their webinar, “Achieving Success Through Inclusive and Competitive Employment” to explore real stories, practical advice, and find the next step towards a future that works for you.
This webinar will be led by a diverse panel of experts with first-hand experience as job seekers or working with job seekers. This session will be particularly valuable for job seekers with an intellectual disability or on the autism spectrum, and the people who may support them on their employment journey.
By the end of this 1-hour webinar, this panel will provide participants with insights on:
- What does it mean to seek out inclusive employment?
- What is competitive employment?
- How can competitive and inclusive employment help with personal growth and independence?
- The importance of talking about visioning and setting goals for employment, as well as exploring what kinds of work you want to do.
- How other individuals with intellectual disabilities or on the autism spectrum have achieved meaningful and competitive employment goals, and how they found support.
- How agencies and employers work together to ensure support is provided to staff with specific adaptation or accommodation needs.
- How people in your life can help: including access to new resources with tips and pointers on how to support job seekers on their journey towards competitive employment.
Gain invaluable insights from a diverse panel of experts which include:
- Debbie Thomas – Parent Advocate
- Kyra Thomas – Self-Advocate and Employee
- Susan Noble – Parent Advocate
- Evan Noble – Self Advocate and Job Seeker
- Oly Backstrom – Inclusive Employment Agency Representative (SCE Lifeworks)
- Don Gallant – Director of Ready, Willing and Able
This webinar is for:
- Job Seekers on the autism spectrum or with an intellectual disability
- Families, Caregivers, support networks and other community members supporting a job seeker in their employment journey
- Employment agencies looking for more information on how best to support clients;
- Anyone interested in advancing workplace inclusion is also encouraged to attend!
Sessions will be in English only. A recording of the webinar will be available in French shortly after. To support inclusion and make the “Achieving Success” webinar accessible, the webinar will include French and English live closed captioning and live sign language interpreters. Transcripts will be available for all webinar recordings.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the webinar coordinator, Sinthea Chowdhury at email@example.com.